|Sample Recipe from 21 Sandwiches|
Portabella on Kaiser
Portabella and Kaiser roll make this a very hearty sandwich. It can be eaten as is or you can warm it up in an oil sprayed pan till the cheese gets a bit melted. A tomato-herb soup or an Indian style tomato soup go very will with it on a chilly evening.
· Cream Cheese with Chives and Onion 2 table spoon
· Portabella cooked with ginger, salt and pepper 2
· Grated ginger ½ tea spoon
· Swiss cheese 2 slices
· Fresh Salsa 2 table spoon
· Fresh Coriander chopped 2 table spoon
· Kaiser Roll - 2
· Spray cooking oil in a sauté pan.
· Add the ginger and cook for a few seconds on a medium heat.
· Add the thoroughly washed portabella, sprinkle salt and pepper on it and cover.
· Cook for about 2 minutes on each side or till the portabella are done to your liking.
· Spread 1 table spoon cream cheese on the Kaiser role.
· Put the portabella on it, sprinkle some fresh coriander
· Top it with salsa and Swiss cheese.
· Serve with fresh lettuce. Remember, portabella should be warm when you serve the sandwich.
Yield 2 sandwiches